Save up to 30% on Ray-Ban Sunglasses
The history of the Group begins in 1913 when Mario Prada, Miuccia
Prada’s grandfather, opened the first Prada store in Milan.
Located in the prestigious Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, the exclusive
Prada boutique offered luggage and luxury goods manufactured with
the finest artisanal techniques, using exquisite materials.
The boutique soon establishes itself as elegant shopping destination for
the most prestigious Italian and European costumers, consolidating its
role in 1919 with the title of Official Supplier of the Italian Royal House,
which allows the brand to include the House of Savoy coat of arms and
knotted rope design in its trademark logo.
Miuccia Prada and Patrizio Bertelli started working together in the late
1970’s, laying the foundation for the future international expansion
of the Group; Patrizio Bertelli pioneered the introduction of a new
business model in the luxury industry, based on the direct control of
all processes, applying rigorous quality criteria through all stages of
production. A business model that goes hand in hand with Miuccia
Prada’s maverick creativity, which commanded international attention
for its innovative approach inspired by her unconventional observation
of society that allows her to anticipate – and often influence – fashion
and style trends.
Today the Prada brand offers men’s and women’s leather goods,
clothing and footwear, combining contemporary, innovative and
sophisticated design with the uniqueness of handcrafted products.
Prada also operates in the eyewear and fragrance sector.